Principal & Lead Artist
2010 - PRESENT
My various roles and responsibilities at Frontier have led me to:
• Plan and create brand new game features, liaising with Game & Art Direction, Code & Tech Art.
• Be selected by Head of Art to lead a team of artists to optimize all game assets for PC to Nintendo Switch port.
• Be chosen to seek, review and fix issues on a major title.
• Consistently meet deadlines across multiple projects and highlight any anticipated challenges to Production/ relevant parties.
• Revive fragile communications and workflows between inhouse and Outsource partners.
• Advocate best working practices, structures and processes described by Tech Art, in order to improve Artist benchmarks.
• Hold weekly high-level meetings between Art, Tech Art and Render.
• Constantly document (and keep others in the habit of documenting) workflows and processes.
• Maintain high quality output within both my Art and Pipeline teams.
• Create a wide range of in game art assets, all to high standard and technical proficiency.
• Mentor, encourage and demonstrate best practices to younger team members.
2008 - 2010
• Worked with Design, Art Direction & Animation on 2x FPS’s.
• Created assets and worked up level sections in editor.
F1 Manager 23 // April 2023 - Present
PRINCIPAL AND LEAD PIPELINE ARTIST
Returning from maternity leave, I hit the ground running by finding and providing my team with work that interests them as well as getting the art teams' views on what tools and processes can be developed further to help improve their efficiency. The Pipeline team is effectively enabling art teams via documentation, communications and improvements to their working tools and in game test environments. I am regularly in touch with Exec Production regarding various areas of planning, whilst my team is excelling at developing best practices and becoming experts within a range of technical fields.
F1 Manager 22 // 2021 - 2022
LEAD LANDSCAPE + PIPELINE ARTIST
I wore many hats on this game. Firstly, I identified areas that could be improved and helped push the project forwards. From this, I quickly became Lead Landscape artist, responsible for the look and feel of anything landscape related. Later, I transitioned to Pipeline where I helped to deal with structural issues and worked directly with Outsource on major elements of the project.
Jurassic World Evolution, Complete Edition // 2020
LEAD ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
Worked with a team of 11 artists to completely remake this game + all DLCs for Nintendo Switch. My role was to listen to requirements and concerns from Game Direction and Leads, quantify the workload and get the job done to a high quality finish. We hit the project deadline to the day, without introducing a single new bug to the game.
Planet Zoo // Nov 2017 - 2021
SENIOR ENVIRONMENT ARTIST / AREA LEAD
I work closely with Code, Tech Art, Design and Production to prototype and develop multiple features and workflows for Planet Zoo. This includes; Habitat Boundary Walls, Animal Food and Feeders, Facility Building Interiors and Exhibits. I also fulfil general art tasks as and when I can!
Elite Dangerous // 2013 - 2017
I created multiple spaceship cockpits including the Imperial Clipper, Cutter, Fer De Lance and others. Liaising regularly with Art Direction, Concept, Game Design and UI, I developed and implemented the Art side of the Vanity Camera system, Multicrew and monitised content for cockpits. Was dubbed 'Cockpit Queen' by my peers!
Coaster Crazy // 2011 - 2012
General art tasks to include developing fun, stylised assets and level based terrain. I worked effectively to tight budget restrictions (mobile game). Standard tasks included material creation, collision meshes, LODs, good naming conventions, clean working practices.
(GOOD WORKING KNOWLEDGE)
Maya, Substance Painter, Zbrush, Frontier In House Tools, Tortoise SVN, P4v, Hansoft, Jira, Confluence, Unreal Engine 4
(LESS OFTEN/ PREVIOUSLY USED)
Substance Alchemist, Substance Designer, 3ds Max, Mudbox, Marmoset, Unreal Engine 5
Being a Mum, Yoga/ general fitness, developing art skills, games - (shooters, racing, puzzle) Also; nature, generally being outdoors and learning French.